Yarn/Hand Dyeing Info
HAND DYED YARNS:
- Due to the unique nature of hand dyed yarn no two skeins will ever be exactly the same. If more than one skein is required for your project it is important to alternate between skeins every row or every few rows when knitting to avoid pooling or unwanted areas of color concentration.
- All yarn is pre washed and mordanted before the dyeing process begins to ensure even color distribution and that the dye properly adheres to the yarn to be color and light fast. All yarn dyes used are professional wash fast acid dyes. It is normal to see some color rinsing from your yarn especially with the first wash.
- I recommend always hand washing your knit garments in lukewarm water with wool wash and laying flat to dry. I have thrown Superwash socks in the wash, however I notice that they tend to break down a little quicker, hand washing lends itself to longevity in knitwear.
- Due to variations in screens and devices colors may appear differently in person. I find that yarn colors can read very differently in different light as well, outside in sunlight the colors are going to look a lot brighter and more saturated than when you're knitting indoors in the evening. Please take this into consideration when viewing photos online. I make it my top priority to accurately represent the colorway using natural light, a professional camera, and taking new pictures with each batch as I'm developing colorways for the shop.
- Please allow a few days for your items to reach the post office after shopping an update, especially when shop updates fall on the weekends. All custom and pre-order purchases can take up to 2-4 weeks to ship. Ready to ship Yarn will ship within 48 hours.